What a beautiful day to praise and worship our God and Savior Lord Jesus Christ!
Awesome worship experiences this morning and it’s getting better every week. Praise God to the praise and worship team! All Glory belongs to God!
I shared this morning about “GOD’S WORD IS LIFE – PSALM 119:105 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
It is very hard and dangerous to walk or drive at night in total darkness without a single light to lead us and guide us. Same thing in the spiritual realm, God’s Word contains the spiritual principles that will help us avoid many sorrows, pitfalls and tragedies brought on by wrong decisions and choices; consequently, we must treasure its wisdom and steadfastly hold on to its precepts in all life situations.
I. GOD’S WORD IS ETERNAL– JOHN 1:1-5
John 1:1-5 NKJV
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.
- What Jesus taught and what He did are tied inseparably to who He is. Jesus as fully human and fully God. Although Jesus took upon Himself full humanity and lived as a man, he never ceased to be the eternal God, the creator and sustainer of all things and the source of eternal life. John wrote this Gospel inspired by the Holy Spirit – to build faith and confidence in Jesus Christ so that we may believe that He is the Son of God.
- Do you ever feel your life is too complex for God to understand?
- Why is the life that was in Christ “the Light of men”?
- Have you allowed the light of Christ to shine into your life?
II. GOD’S WORD GUIDES OUR STEPS– PSALM 119:133
Psalm 119:133 (NKJV)
133 Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me.
God’s Word is our guide in everyday life, just like the GPS. As we read the Word of God:
- The Word guides us to know and be obedient to the will of God
- To be watchful in prayers
- To guide us in every decisions and choices that we will make
- To be dependent upon God
- To seek Him first before anything
- To trust in God and lead and direct our paths.
- III. GOD’S WORD IS THE SOURCE OF JOY – PSALM 1:1-2
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the [a]ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he [b]meditates day and night.
To obtain God’s joy, we should avoid the company of mocking sinners and we should seek a deeper understanding of God’s Word through reading, meditating and studying.
- Meditating means spending time reading and thinking about what you read.
- It means asking yourself how you should change so you’re living as God wants.
- Knowing and meditating on God’s Word then life application.
- The more we delight in God’s presence, the more we become fruitful.
- We must have contact with unbelievers if we are to witness to them, but we must not be influenced to join in or imitate their behavior.
What scriptures means by prosperity is not a guarantee of health, wealth and happiness. When we apply God’s wisdom to our lives, the fruit we bear will be good and receive God’s approval. As a tree soaks up water and bears fruit, we also are to soak God’s Word, producing actions and attitudes that honors God. To achieve anything worthwhile, we must have God’s Word in our hearts.
- IV. GOD’S WORD IS THE STANDARD OF CONDUCT – TITUS 2:1-5
Titus 2:1-5 (NKJV)Qualities of a Sound Church
2 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
CONCLUSION: GOD’S WORD IS SOURCE OF NEW LIFE –
1 Peter 1:23-25 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 having been born again, not of [a]corruptible seed but [b]incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides [c]forever, 24 because “All flesh is as grass, And all [d]the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers, And its flower falls away, 25 But the [e]word of the Lord endures forever.” Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.
HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!